How can I help you?
Whether you need help to start a business, brand a business, market a business, or someone to work with you on a specific project, then you’ve come to the right place. I have the knowledge, experience and know-how to help you and your business.
Some of my happy clients
Your knowledge and clear explanation of how to improve my business, plus marketing advice has been excellent. Your continuing encouragement and support has been phenomenal.
Heather Prince - TheRootMaster
Your stellar reputation, paired with your expertise focusing on micro businesses, made you an obvious choice when I was looking for assistance in growing my business. I always feel that you are as invested in my business success as I am – which is a spectacular trait to have as a mentor. You also truly understand the efforts and strains of small businesses and micro business in particular, which is a relief when a little understanding flexibility is required in the working relationship.
Sam Bailey - Silver Compass Digital Marketing
Working with you is always great. You are smart, savvy, and dedicated to helping your clients. I am particularly impressed with your ability to figure out what people need to know, and then exactly how to give it to them.
Tamsin Fox-Davies - Small Business Evangelist
How I Can Help: Whether you need help to start a business, brand a business, market a business, or someone to work with you on a specific project, then you’ve come to the right place. I have the knowledge, experience and know-how to help you and your business. Here’s what I do:
Do you want to move from passion to profit and turn your ideas and wishes into a successful business? Then you need to plan, because the link between passion and profit is planning.
As a small or micro-business I will work with you through The Process – my method of consultation, mentoring and coaching – to create a strong, profitable, foundation for your business.
I can help with:
- Business planning
- One-Page Business Planning
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Action planning
- Project planning
Your brand is not your logo.
Your brand is the bedrock of your business. It is your values, your reputation, your services and products, your ideas and your personality. More importantly, it’s what makes you unique.
In a crowded marketplace it is brand that makes you visible; it is the thing that differentiates you from your competition and allows you to focus on what is special about you and your business.
I can help with:
- Brand values statement
- Brand vision and mission statement
- Key messages to be conveyed through your brand identity
- Brand visual identity (logo)
- Personal brand
Much of your business success will be based on your ability to remain connected and engaged with your customers after a sale, but that’s the easy part.
The hard part is finding those customers in the first place and then getting them to come back again and again. Oh, and getting them to tell their friends!
I can help with:
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Blog writing, articles and content creation
- Much more… just ask!
Ready to find out more?
Get in touch today to see how I can help you and your business
Who is Kathy?
What does she do?
Can she help me?
Those are the questions you’re trying to find answers to if you’ve clicked to this page. That’s right, isn’t it?
The problem with questions like those is that they tend to put people in a box.
Oh, she’s a Mentor; or maybe she’s a Coach; perhaps she’s a Trainer?
As soon as we start to use words like these to describe someone we start to make assumptions about them, what they do and how they do it.
So, put aside those assumptions. Here are some things ‘About Kathy’ that may help you decide to contact me, just remember, like you, I’m much more than a single webpage.
As A Person I Am:
- A wife to a wonderfully supportive man who is always there to share a joke or as a shoulder to cry on
- A ‘mum’ to two adorable rescue cats who had a really bad start in life, but now rule the household
- A coffee lover; I don’t understand decaf
- A person who prefers spring and autum to summer
- A Londoner through and through, but yearn for a house by the sea
- A right-brainer who has trained herself to be more of a left-brainer
- A reluctant gardener
- A bit too loud sometimes (OK, quite often)
- A massive fan of the historical novels of Georgette Heyer
- A TV enthusiast; everything from makeover programmes to sci-fi and vampire stuff – I am controller of the TV remote!
- A glass-half-full person (in fact, I think the glass is brimming over)
As A Business Woman I Am:
- A mixture of mentor, trainer, consultant, coach and chief cook and bottle washer. I’m not going to pigeon-hole myself as one thing because I’m not – and that’s what my clients value; my ability to switch between roles as needed to ensure their business success
- A passionate advocate of planning and the creation of systems and processes. As a creative, visual person, to get to the stage of loving planning has been a long, hard road but now, with nearly 20-years of business experience under my belt, I have enough experience to know the missing link between passion and profit is planning
- A brain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction
- A person who has made all the business mistakes – so you don’t have to!
- A specialist in strategic planning; visual communication; branding and personal brand creation; online and offline engagement marketing; and email marekting
- A spare pair of hands with a brain attached
It’s a brand new world ….Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You
When I read this article I had a massive ‘Eureka’ moment!
I had been running my own business since 2001; working as a very successful personal and corporate Image Consultant. I trained as an Image Consultant after someone bought me an image consultation as a present. I was blown away by how differently I perceived myself after the session; how my confidence and self-esteem grew. And I wanted to enable others to benefit from that experience but, although I loved what I was doing, I felt there was a gap. It may sound odd but even though I was running a successful Image Consultancy business I was never interested in fashion and I really dislike shopping.
What Tom Peter’s article did was give me understanding and direction; and I became fascinated by the concept of Personal Branding.
At the same time I had also stumbled across the work of a man called Erving Goffman. Goffman had written a book back in the late 1950s called The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life. In that book he explains that, as human beings, we are natural chameleons who have the ability to adapt our variety of personas to a range of social situations; we instinctively understand how to change speech patterns, body language, behaviours and even dress according to the situations we find ourselves in.
Goffman went on to explain that, if we can do this naturally and instinctively, then surely we can also ‘manage’ the process to ensure that we are always the right person in the right place at the right time. He called this Impression Management.
I found the answer to my ‘gap’; I didn’t want to continue simply offering one-to-one Image Consultancy, I wanted to incorporate the concepts of Personal Branding and Impression Management into my business. So I set up a company where I worked with individuals, organisations and corporate institutions, delivering personal development and training on personal branding, professional impact and dress codes as well as effective presentation and networking skills.
But something still wasn’t right.
Over the years of running my business I have had some great ‘Ups’ and lots of really difficult ‘Downs’; I have made some smashing, loyal friends, business partners and clients and some real, costly, time wasting mistakes.
About 7 years ago a strange thing started to happen …. People started asking me out for coffee. Would I mind meeting them for coffee because they had an issue or a problem with their business, with their marketing or with their ability to make a profit - and they would really like my advice on what to do, who to talk to etc.
I am a huge believer in giving back (and I love coffee) so I was more than happy to meet and talk and give advice or suggest solutions. The problem was my diary was full, but my bank balance wasn’t (and I had developed an addiction to coffee)!
So that was the catalyst to me making the biggest change in my business. After having two successful businesses of my own I moved into helping other business owners be as successful with theirs.
Now I use my extensive experience as a successful business owner to work one-to-one with small and micro-businesses and as a highly skilled trainer to deliver group training and workshops throughout the UK. I am also fortunate to be asked to do a lot of public speaking both in the UK and Europe.
Now you know more, why not get in touch?
Get in touch with me to find out how I can help you and your business. Simply use the form on this page to send an email to me and I'll be back in touch with you.
Alternatively, call 07815 951 585 to speak to me directly.