You know I love sharing business building tools that can really add some interest and fun to your small or micro business marketing? Well, that’s what I’m going to do this week; introduce you to a new tool that – very easily – helps you bring video marketing into your small business.
Keep reading for more info but, in the meantime, here’s a really short example of something I put together in 10-minutes today (so it’s not perfect!):
We know that video marketing content gets more likes, shares and click-throughs; and that it can increase your Facebook reach tenfold.
We also know that creating videos – if we are a novice or not particularly tech-savvy – can be a daunting prospect.
To create this video I used Lumen5. It’s a new-ish platform that is free to use (I’m not sure if this will change as the platform owners move forward / develop the product). It’s pretty straightforward and there are not too many bells and whistles, which can often be very confusing.
The premise is simple – all you have to do is click the big, blue ‘Create Video’ button on your dashboard once you have registered.
Then you pop the URL of some text that you want to feature – for example, a blog you have written into the ‘Create’ space.
Then you simply follow three easy steps:
- Summarise your article in a few, short sentences
- Match each sentence with appropriate, or matching, content such as images or video clips
- Once you are happy hit the Save button. Once the video is rendered you can share it across all media
Thoughts on Lumen5
- This is a new platform, so it’s not as slick as some other providers
- It’s not the prettiest site – but I would rather have clarity than ‘pretty’
- There are others that you can choose from, but many of them are not free
- The rendering of my video took quite a long time – but I was able to log off my computer and it did the work in the background. I received an email to let me know when it was ready
- They provide some interesting images / backgrounds, but you may want to upload your own to use – so it may be an idea to plot out what you want in the video before starting work on it in Lumen5
- There’s also the option to include a musical background (they provide quite a few to choose from). As you’ll see (hear!) from my video, mine is a bit out of sync. Don’t be put off – I did only spend 10-minutes on this
All in all, I think this is a really useful, simple to use video marketing tool that you can use to get some interesting looking video content out to promote your small or micro business.